Geneva, 1 October 2020 – New data confirms that over 90% of life-saving malaria intervention campaigns scheduled for this year are on track across Africa, Asia and the Americas, helping to protect millions from the disease and avoid a severe increase in malaria cases and deaths in the face of significant challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. Countries that in recent years either reached or are on the verge of reaching zero malaria cases also are maintaining their focus on eliminating this preventable and treatable disease.
- Kenyan world-record-holding marathon runner Eliud Kipchoge
- South African rugby captain Siya Kolisi
- South African explorer Saray Khumalo
- Veteran international footballer Luis Figo
- Nigerian-American bobsledder and track star Seun Adigun